Steps on How to Clean a Microfiber Couch
Microfiber couches are becoming more and more popular as people are discovering their comfort and versatility. Many homes have these couches but many home owners struggle with trying to figure out How to Clean a Microfiber Couch. If this sounds like you, take heart because that is what this article is all about!
But before you jump in and start spraying cleaning solution on your couch, you must check the cleaning label. You may see a “W” which means that water-based cleaners can safely be used on the couch. You might see the letter “S” means that only a solvent-based cleaning products or dry cleaning product can safely be used. There are also some microfiber couches that have tags that have “S-W” which means either cleaning product can be used. The Best Way to Clean Microfiber Couch and chairs is not very difficult to master. Even if you have never done it before it is not too difficult, just follow these simple steps:
1. Gather everything that you will need such as bristle brushes, cloths, rags, and the cleaning product that your couch is labeled for.
2. Vacuum the couch well to get rid of dirt and debris before you begin wetting the surface- if there is dirt stuck to the fibers it can turn to a muddy mess as you clean.
3. The Best Way to Clean Microfiber Couch fabric is to gently scrub stains and then spot treat with the cleaning solution.
4. After removing as much of the stain as possible, vacuum the area and then prepare for the next step.
5. Apply the cleaning solution to the entire sofa- only after you have done a test area.
6. Clean the surface of the couch, making sure you do not saturate the fabric- let it dry and then see if you need to do a second application.
7. If you need to speed up drying you can set up an oscillating fan to blow the fabric dry. Some people use a hair dryer to spot dry quickly, but you need to make sure it is kept on a low heat setting so you don’t damage the microfibers.
8. Keep safety in mind as you work and stay in a well-ventilated area and that you wear gloves and long sleeves to protect your skin.
Figuring out How to Clean a Microfiber Couch is made easier once these steps have been taken and when all care instructions for the couch and the cleaning products you use are followed. You can keep your couch looking great for years to come when you know how to clean microfibers safely and effectively.