Climate change is currently a delicate subject to discuss, as there are many comments, ideologies, actions and perspectives that make the complexity around the existing arguments and programs. However, this is no excuse to ignore a phenomenon that harms the world in general.
Environmental pollution is usually applied from the smallest actions, such as throwing away plastic, to the largest ones, such as those caused by large industries in any context. But part of the solution lies in the hands of everyone, so it is preferable to contribute a grain of sand that collaborates effectively in the existing environmental damage. Therefore, when making a move, it is important to think about what is the best way to counteract pollution. Although it may seem trivial, it is very important to apply some strategies.
Can a move be totally green?
Yes, totally. As mentioned above, one of the most common habits when moving is to pack and store everything using plastic as the first option, since it comes in various forms, such as bags, bubble wrap, tape, among others. But there is a solution for everything.
In recent years, several awareness programs have been created to care for the environment, therefore, they have promoted the continued use of foldable cloth bags, which is a great idea to avoid and help nature and everything related to it.
But what can you do?
- First of all, all plastic should be replaced with recyclable materials. For example: foldable fabric bags, eco-friendly boxes or any other tool that is free of plastic.
- Another simple option is to sell or donate what is not used. The idea is to reuse and recycle all objects. Therefore, if the person does not want it, perhaps it is better to benefit another individual who needs the product.
- There are ecological moving companies. It is a plus because it is coupled to the needs of each client, and, of course, the main objective is to employ reusable packaging materials and environmentally friendly biodiesel trucks that favor the planet.
What are the must-have materials for an eco-friendly move?
- Cardboard boxes, since they are very practical for packing and unpacking during and after the move.
- Adhesive tape made of gummed paper, which are biodegradable.
- If you have any plastic material, you should always think about reusing it in order to avoid contributing to pollution.
- Plastic bags as long as they are reusable.
- Wax wrappings.
- For fragile items, biodegradable bubble wrap can be used. However, you can use sheets, bed linen, towels, among others.
What are the benefits of a eco-friendly move?
In addition to helping and benefiting the environment, there are also other benefits and attributes of green moving.
- Saving money. Planning an eco-friendly move will allow you to reduce any type of expense that may be generated in purchasing materials for the move.
- Also, noise pollution is reduced.
- Saving energy by moving unnecessary objects.
- Help the environment with donations, sales or recyclable goods.