One of the main concerns when moving is how to pack household fragile objects. These are usually made of special materials such as glass, crystal, among others. However, many people use certain unfavorable methods that complicate moving them from one place to another. Since they don’t take into account different instruments that are extremely necessary to make the transfer to the new home.
Many people tend to hire a moving company to do all the work for them. However, this does not mean that people should not take care of their belongings, quite the contrary, because there are companies that do not perform the job properly and end up causing unforeseen damage.
But, what are the aspects that must be taken into account?
First of all, it is necessary to determine which are the fragile objects to be transported in order to identify the size and the materials needed for packing.
- Artwork: although not everyone owns it, it is necessary to know that such artwork can be damaged during the moving process.
- Household appliances: a wrong packing can strongly damage any electrical equipment, therefore, it is necessary to know the proper packing methods.
- Electronic devices: just as they are indispensable in the office, they are also indispensable in the home. Therefore, they are considered as fragile objects in a property.
- Glass and crystal objects: any object that holds materials such as glass, mirrors, crystal or other easily breakable materials.
What is the best way to pack fragile objects?
Once you have identified the fragile objects in your house, you should know the materials used to pack them.
You must find:
- Bubble wrap: this type of bag will lend total protection to the fragile item, since the bubbles themselves are durable yet soft( keep in mind that it’s filled with air) ensuring the safety of the object during any inconvenience that may be generated during transportation.
- Newspaper: it is a reinforcement to guarantee a double protection against any damage or impact. On the other hand, if newspaper is not available, blankets, old clothes, etc., can also be used.
- Boxes: it is important to know that the boxes must be the right size. If the objects are small and are stored in a large box, there is a chance that the objects will be damaged. Therefore, the size is extremely important to pack them correctly.
- Tape: There are several types of tape. You should always opt for the thickest ones that can withstand the sealing. And, it is recommended to use as much as necessary.
What is the process?
- Cushioning must always be achieved. This will always be located inside the box at the end. The purpose of it is to withstand shocks or sudden movements. You can use a thick sheet or egg cartons.
- It is advisable to wrap each object separately in bubble plastic bags, so that they do not suffer any damage.
- Put the objects in the boxes, but always thinking about the proper size. The main idea is that everything that is stored inside the box should be compact to prevent them from colliding with each other. And seal the deal with plenty of adhesive tape.