Deciding to move is a complicated thing, as it involves many fundamental aspects, such as planning, contracting a moving company, time distribution in relation to daily activities, organization of belongings, among others.
Regarding the last one, it is important to take into account not only packing and storing, but also classifying the belongings that you want or do not want to take with you, since there are many of them that are no longer useful or you simply do not like them anymore. One of the ways to get rid of them is to donate, give away or sell the belongings that are no longer wanted.
Even if this process of classifying belongings is carried out, and some items that are still useful are eliminated, they can simply be replaced by brand new ones. Moving is a moment of total change, so you should make the most of it.
What is the proper list of new belongings to have after moving?
Of course, this list will depend on the needs of each person. But, in general, it is recommended to have a new:
- Mattress: of course, if yours has been used for a short period of time, it is not necessary to get a new one. However, when it is the opposite case, the possibilities are quite high. A mattress is a fundamental part to fall asleep, without it you could not rest properly. On the other hand, moving without a mattress facilitates many aspects of the process, and if you get a new one, the company where it was purchased will deliver it to your new home.
- Toiletries: You cannot arrive at your new home without cleaning tools. It is very necessary to have at least: a bucket, broom, dustpan, rags, gloves, soap, disinfectant, among others.
- Food: When you start the moving process, some of the food in your kitchen will not last for a long period of time. Therefore, when you arrive at your new property, you should do some grocery shopping for basic foodstuffs. Such as: Bread, salt, sugar, spices, toppers, oil, eggs, red meat, white meat, among others. You can also add to the list important utensils such as frying pans, pots, etc.
- Objects that are thought to be unnecessary: for instance, spare light bulbs are essential. Since, you never know in what condition the ones in the new building are, as well as candles, scissors, needle and thread, adhesive tape.
- Cloth bags: although it may seem unnecessary, it is quite important for two reasons. 1) we take care of the environment by recycling and not using plastic bags, and, 2) they are quite convenient when shopping.
- A new plant: there is nothing nicer than finding a companion that you have to take care of. Besides decorating the space, it also helps to keep your attention on good things, rather than stress, anxiety and worries.
It is a short list that may – or may not – fit people’s needs. However, not everyone has such priorities. Therefore, you should think about what are the important things for you and your family.