When relocating, you need to think about absolutely everything. It is not enough to make schedules and financial planning, but also to take the time to research, learn and seek guidance to avoid mistakes along the way. Within this learning process it is necessary to know what are the policies, terms and conditions of the moving companies, for many reasons. After all, it is necessary to know how they work, what aspects they handle and what are the most important factors they perform.
Now, the first question that anyone interested in hiring a moving company must ask is: what can and what can’t be taken with them during the move? Of course, there are many delicate objects that can be damaged on the way from the old home to the new one, but there are also other unimaginable belongings that, according to the company’s policies, cannot be taken along.
But, what are the objects that can be moved?
Obviously, all moving companies have adequate materials to pack, wrap, etc., all the belongings that can be in a property. As long as the quality of the tools is the best, the chances of experiencing difficulties are much lower.
The items that don’t cause damage to others can easily be taken during the move without any trouble at all. They could be:
- Large objects such as some household appliances.
- Among others.
Generally, most of the household belongings can go in the moving vehicle. The important thing is to know how to manage the organization and take into account the space so that there is no mobility among them which could cause damage to the belongings.
But, what belongings can’t be moved?
Although some moving companies will accept any kind of belongings, it is better to avoid taking the following items for safety reasons:
- Butane gas cylinders: these are essential elements for cooking in a home. However, they are also extremely dangerous when being moved, as a simple knock could lead to misfortune.
- Perishable foods: it is advisable to consume them before the day of the move, as some transfers tend to be quite long. In the event that the person is obliged to take food with them, the best thing to do is to refrigerate it.
- Firearms: although in some US States firearms are allowed, it would be ideal to keep them away, as they are a symbol of danger in any trip. If, for any reason, the firearm has to be transported, then the person should identify it very well, check it and pack it to avoid problems on the way.
- Aerosols, paint and varnish: these are products that could cause flammable accidents, which are considered unnecessary in a shipment. On the other hand, varnish is a chemical that could easily damage any goods in the truck.
What are the most difficult objects to transport?
- Plants: plants are usually very large and require special care. Since they are living beings, like animals, watering should be reduced so that they get used to this routine temporarily and so that they don’t die in the process.
- Heavy and bulky objects: these are items that have many complications due to their weight and mobility. A team of more than 3 people is usually needed to transport them to the moving truck.