Moving to Orlando is a decision that shouldn’t be taken lightly. Whether you change neighborhoods, counties, come from another state or country, you will need to take many aspects into account so that you are not caught by surprise.
If your case is coming from outside our state, we should warn you about several details before doing so. This, in fact, is a beautiful place to live, full of life, orderly and very planned, architecturally speaking.
The advantages of living in Orlando are many, but not everything is as bright as you may think. There are also aspects that can turn this fairy tale into a less happy experience. Therefore, know what they are:
- The climate is very pleasant for those fleeing the cold temperatures. Orlando presents the four seasons: spring, from March to May; summer, from June to August; autumn, from September to November; and winter, from December to February, the latter being the coldest, but rarely intense.
- Transportation in Orlando is very varied and the service is optimal. There are even free options for residents and travelers.
- This is the happiest corner of the planet. Millions of tourists visit Orlando to visit the world-famous amusement parks.
There are special discounts for citizens of the city, they must only consult the pages intended for that purpose and request them. But that’s not all, there are also spa promotions, to give an example, everything to please the inhabitants of the city. Living in Orlando is a real privilege!
- The artistic movement is to die for. If culture is your thing, here you will find as many options as your imagination can create, so you will never get bored of laying your foundations in this town.
- Schools and universities are excellent; so, mom, dad, you can trust that your children’s education is in good hands.
- You could be Mickey Mouse’s next neighbor. A few minutes from Walt Disney World there are residential areas, so you will probably live part of the joy that day by day is celebrated there. You can even enjoy the fireworks that illuminate the sky at the end of the afternoon.
The same goes for almost all theme parks. You can be the lucky neighbor of Harry Potter or be just a few steps away from Legoland.
- Real estate offers are unimaginable. You can choose the one that best suits your needs, your pocket and your tastes. State income tax is not charged.
- There is a wide variety of beaches in nearby towns. On a 45-minute trip you can enjoy the beach, sun and sand, so in just one day you can enjoy a great adventure and within a few hours be back home.
- Heavy traffic. The millions of travelers who visit Orlando all year round make it one of the busiest places in the world.
It is also a city under constant construction. It is likely that during the execution of some work, some streets may be closed in order to ease the process.
- The employment rate before the arrival of Covid-19 was among the lowest in the country. Then, with confinement, amusement parks were quarantined and hundreds of people were fired.
Later, with the vaccine about to be approved in the United States, things may return to life without a mask and jobs could be what they were before, but in the meantime another wave of mass layoffs has been announced.
- The storm and hurricane season brings constant warnings of floods and typhoons without warning, as the weather can change from one moment to the next.