The best thing to do after a move is to give a new personality to the home, because renewing and giving rise to a decoration never done before, expresses the changes that are wanted in life. In fact, for many health professionals, a new home interior design plays a great role in emotional balance and mental health. For this reason, it is extremely important to think about what, how, when and where to do it.
However, not all people possess the abilities to decorate a new space. And for them, trying to get involved in interior design can be counterproductive. But, don’t worry about it too much, because anyone that follows these recommendations can easily give their new place a makeover.
Where to start?
Creativity is one of the fundamental aspects that everyone must develop if they want to have an extraordinary decoration. However, you don’t need a lot to achieve this, since you simply have to look for information about trending objects and styles for some inspiration and you’ll go from there.
1. Choose a decoration style
When you want to start decorating a property after moving, you need to choose a style that fits your personality and is aligned with your tastes and needs. Here are some of the current trendy ones:
- Estilo minimalista: la idea principal es minimizar los objetos, este estilo se acerca al dicho “menos es más”.
- Estilo nórdico: es un diseño hecho por escandinavos. Se basa en las condiciones climáticas a las que están acostumbrados. Generalmente utiliza colores fríos combinados con cálidos.
- Estilo rústico-moderno: los tonos cálidos son clave, y los materiales que más utilizan son precisamente rústicos. Tales como piedra, madera, entre otros.
- Modern style: it is a decoration that combines technology with minimalist style. The colors are basically pretty neutral.
No tienes que conformarte con uno. No olvides que las tendencias van y vienen, pero tu esencia permanece. Por lo tanto, puedes elegir pequeñas cosas que te gusten de cada estilo y combinarlas para crear un diseño que se adapte a ti .
2. Set a time limit for decorating
The main idea is to get your home ready as quickly as possible. However, not all people have the time and money required. Here’s where planning becomes your best ally, you can make a schedule based on your time and financial availability. For instance, you can select a day of the week to buy some of the supplies and another to perform the required task just like painting the walls, placing objects in place, assembling furniture, etc.
3. I have selected a style, now what?
It is important to always look for savings, and not precisely monetary. Therefore, you must think about how to design what you want, taking into account every single one of your needs. For example, think about:
- What are the needs of each household member?
- If there are pets, what will be their space?
- Do you need to have a family environment?
- Among others.
4. Identify what you like and what you don’t
This step is important to avoid impulse purchases, since you need to save for any other expenses you will have along the way. Therefore, it is extremely necessary to determine what style and environment you want to have.