Saving money is fundamental in the whole moving process since it is necessary to have money for any unexpected expenses. That’s why many people try to save as much as possible during this process.
One of the easiest ways is to make partial moves, which requires hiring a moving company but avoiding additional or extra expenses that are not included in the budget.
But what is a partial move?
It is an ideal way to work half of the move by yourself, and the other half through the moving company. In other words, a partial move is an agreement obtained with the moving company so that the owner is in charge of planning, organizing, packing, storing, selecting, and cleaning his/her belongings, therefore the only responsibility of the company will be the transfer from one place to another, and in this case, the insurance policy coverage.
This is a fairly simple way to start saving money to cover other additional expenses involved in the move, since the aim during the whole process is to save as much as possible to cover additional costs, such as food, rent, and basic services, among others.
Is it beneficial to make a partial move?
Yes, as long as the person is aware of several important aspects, such as:
- You won’t have any help from the company when packing your belongings, which means that you must learn techniques to pack each item as necessary since packing a book is not the same as packing a glass cup or crystal dishes.
- Also, you must be aware that you will have to manage every object by yourself, whether it is big or small. However, this is not a problem, since you can ask for help from family, friends or neighbors. But, you need to be extremely cautious, especially with refrigerators, washing machines, and household appliances, among others.
- It is necessary to look for adequate packing materials, otherwise, your belongings may suffer some damage.
- Every detail must be taken into account, even more so when it comes to household goods or objects that are quite delicate.
What are the benefits of a partial move?
- You will know where everything is. Since you’re going to pack every item, you will remember in which boxes you put your belongings.
- Since you’ll only be paying for the transfer itself, you could save half of what you would have to pay the moving company for a full service. Considering the fact that a full service usually includes wrapping, packing, and organizing, the use of high-quality materials, and trained staff.
- If you plan and organize everything very carefully, you could get a result as professional as the moving company’s, as long as you do your research and use proper materials.
- There is no better option than doing things yourself, as it ensures that your belongings will not suffer any type of damage.
Partial moving is something you should keep in mind, especially when you do not have the money to cover all the expenses required by moving companies.