A move has many key elements, from planning, organizing, and packing, hiring a moving company, among other factors that influence the process of moving. Therefore, the best thing to do is to learn a little bit about everything in order to succeed.
Lack of information may cause complications during the moving process, especially when loading and unloading the belongings from the truck. Believe it or not, it is essential to know the methods and all the tools necessary to avoid damaging the belongings during the process.
What is the proper and efficient way to load and unload the household goods from the moving truck?
When a moving company is hired, the movers are usually trained to carry out this type of activity. However, not everyone is professional or familiar with the methods and tools used to assemble and disassemble the belongings in the moving truck.
Many of the companies tend to charge an additional fee for unloading the moving truck, however, this task is expected to be entirely up to the movers, in any case, it is good to know how to get the belongings on and off the truck. So:
- It is important, in the first instance, to check the inside of the truck, i.e. where the goods are located. If everything has been done properly, then everything should be in its place. It is also advisable to take a picture of the organized belongings in case they are in disarray when you arrive at the destination.
- When loading the truck, you can number the boxes in order to have more control over your belongings, knowing where the amounts of boxes you’re moving and the objects that are inside of them.
- When loading the belongings, place the heaviest items first so that they can support the lighter or more fragile items.
- Playing with the space is important, it is not just a matter of loading boxes without organization, but rather to arranging them properly inside the truck.
- Classify carefully which belongings will go inside the moving truck and which will not. For example, clothes, shoes, sheets, living room decorations, furniture, mattresses, among other heavy objects can be moved in the truck, while works of art or any other fragile belongings can be taken with you.
- In order to unload, it is necessary to make sure that everything is in excellent condition and in order when you arrive at your destination. When you see that you have positive results, then, unload with the help of several people, since the activity is too heavy for just one person.