A move tends to trigger many emotions during the process. It makes you take unexpected but necessary turns in your life. It is not at all easy to cope with everything that comes with making such a decision, even more so when the person is a beginner in what they are doing, since it is precisely in this situation that many mistakes are made due to a lack of research, analysis and knowledge about the necessities of a move.
However, it is quite normal not to do this activity in the right way, but there is always time to read and learn about the things to avoid in order to carry out a move correctly. The experiences add up as the events take place, it is a simple way to understand where to start, what to do and how to cope with an entire move.
So, what are the most common mistakes that a first-time mover makes?
- Not dividing activities: to think that only one person is responsible for planning, organizing and carrying out a move is totally wrong. Generally, it is families who make this decision, and, if it is an individual move, additional help is necessary in order to meet all the requirements of a move. Therefore, if there is a spouse and children in the family nucleus, they should also take responsibility for the move, opting to face tasks according to their age. Stress is not a good idea.
- Not planning: every move must be planned in terms of time and space. Remember that parallel to the idea of moving, there are also jobs, studies, entertainment, among others. Therefore, it is always advisable to organize according to the needs that you have in terms of your daily life and the move.
- Not using the right materials: in some cases it is difficult to obtain the right materials, either due to lack of money or any other reason. However, it is essential for everyone to take care of and protect their belongings, since a variety of things can happen during the move that can cause great damage to the belongings.
- Not labeling the boxes: part of the planning is to make an inventory of the boxes, in addition to a list describing what is in them. This is a simple way to organize when you arrive at your destination.
- Not classifying the necessary things: part of the move is to throw away, donate or sell things that are no longer used but are still useful. Not only to avoid accumulation of things, but also as an exercise to let go of what is no longer needed in life.
- Do not hire a moving company: many people believe that this type of services are not helpful, however, it should be taken into account that these companies are trained to carry out everything related to a move, not only the transfer, but also the technique and method of packing and the materials used.